The birthplace of country music, home to blues, soul, and rock, Tennessee dazzles with its sounds and vibrant nature, with foliage ranging from green to red, rivers, and sprawling mountains.
Its national military parks and civil war sites are a must-see for American History buffs. Still, whether you’re going to see natural beauties, cities, or to immerse in cultural sites, it’s a wonderful destination.
PS. We would be remiss not to mention our Toyota Tundra Leveling Kit Picks in case you are researching one for purchase.
Tennessee is an RVers dream. With so much to see, it’s best to compare campgrounds and book your stay in advance, so you have more time to enjoy the attractions and guarantee a spot in one of the state’s best RV parks.
Our Top Pick
Duvall in the Smokies RV Campground
The owners of this gem of a campground are super nice, the western theme throughout the grounds is fantastic, and to top it off, its location is simply perfect. You can find anything you could need in a 6-mile radius, and it’s near Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- All roads are paved, and street lights brighten the night for safety and convenience
- Most sites are leveled, with full 30 and 50 amp hookups and fire rings
- The whole area is fenced and gated, so it’s perfectly secure
- Cozy, quiet, and spacious sites just a few steps from the river
- Free Wifi and cable
- Gift for kids upon check-in
- Community area for picnics
- Pet friendly
- Laundry facility
- Climate-controlled bathhouse
- Propane fill
- Local firewood for sale
- Trash pickup
- RV supplies
Location: 1518 Dolly Parton Parkway, Sevierville, TN 37862
Contact: (865) 440-2082 or email@example.com
Smoky Bear Campground and RV Park
This family-owned RV park has friendly staff and is well-equipped to guarantee you a comfortable stay. Located near Gatlinburg, off the beaten path, it’s perfect for a few relaxing days to take away the stress of busy city life and rest your mind to return refreshed.
- All sites are leveled with full hookups (30/50 amp)
- All campsites are shaded and tidy to help keep you cool
- The convenient kitchen allows you to cook outside your RV
- Take a dip in the pool to refresh on a hot summer day
- Free Wifi
- Basic cable
- Kids play area
- Pet friendly
- Fire rings
- Picnic area
Location: 4857 East Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
Mountain Glen RV Park & Campground
A quiet and peaceful retreat, Mountain Glen has a charming lake for dipping your feet or taking a dive on hot summer days, or just contemplating its beauty. It’s well-kept and clean, close to a lovely Amish store, and the prices are affordable all year round.
- Pull through sites with full hookups (20, 30, and 50 amp)
- Modern private bathrooms with hot water, A/C, and heat
- Play some pool, foosball, or air hockey in the game room, or watch cable TV on a 48” screen. Open 24h
- Mobile RV service and repair is available so you can fix any issues while staying in the park
- Free Wifi
- Picnic tables
- Fire rings
- 24h Laundry room
- General store
- Ping Pong
- Propane Tank Exchange
Location: 6182 Brockdell Road, Pikeville, TN 37367
Deer Run RV Resort
A gorgeous 200 acre RV resort on the Cumberland Plateau, Deer Run has a beautiful 25-acre private lake with a beach. It’s a more secluded resort, gated and safe, with many amenities and activities, so all you need to worry about is resting your body, mind, and soul for a couple of days.
- 9 AM Sunday Services in the chapel
- Golf cart rentals make it easier to get around the resort
- There’s a pizzeria in the park if you’re hungry and want to stay in
- If you don’t feel like swimming among the fish, there’s also a pool
- Full-service sites
- Cable TV
- Convenience store
- Pavilion for events
- Laundry facilities
Location: 3609 Peavine Firetower Rd, Crossville, TN 38571
Contact: (931) 484-3333
Tennessee boasts natural and cultural richness to explore. You’ll certainly enjoy staying at any of the RV parks above, whether you’re visiting the cities, civil war sites, or natural parks.
Make sure to book ahead. If you leave it for the last minute, you might not find any vacancies, as these top-rated RV parks are usually booked well in advance.
There’s nothing like hitting the road and RVing across the states but remember to check out some useful RV gear to make your next trip even more enjoyable and throw yourself into the rich sights of Tennessee.