While off-road riding can be an exciting experience it can also be dangerous if you don’t have the correct lighting in place. A lack of the correct lighting can lead to a reduction in visibility making it much more difficult to see the area ahead of you. There are many obstacles that you may encounter on your journey including people and other vehicles and so the installation of an LED light bar is going to provide improved visibility in low lighting conditions. test
It is important to select the best light that is going to have all of the power that is needed for you to be able to see clearly while ensuring that it is going to fit correctly onto your vehicle. We have browsed the market searching for the best LED light bars available. Below, you will also find a handy buyer's guide containing all of our top tips for finding the best product.
If you are in a hurry and don't have the time to continue reading, we have selected our top pick for you below.
Best LED Light Bar
OUR TOP PICK
The Nilight LED Light Bar is 20 inches long with 126 watts of power. Featuring advanced LED chips behind a clear lens you will experience a bright beam that powerfully illuminates the road ahead of you creating a much clearer view of your surroundings.
Usefully you can choose from one of the two following light modes. The spot beam is recommended for long-distance illumination with a focus on a particular area ahead, while the flood beam focusses on a broad viewing area. Of course, depending on your situation you can opt for the most suitable mode that is going to provide the greatest visibility.
Equipped with adjustable mounting brackets, you can alter the angle in which the lights are positioned to direct the light into the direction that is needed, and this can be adjusted to around 45 degrees.
When it comes to the wires of course durability and quality are paramount. Impressively, these wires conduct good electric power and are also resistant to high temperatures without the risk of them melting. They aren't going to bend easily either which is a common issue with many wires.
- Backed with a 2-year warranty, there is help available should you end up being dissatisfied with your purchase.
- The two different lighting options allow you to select the best light projection for your surroundings.
- Courtesy of the customized high lumen chips you will experience light of a higher and more stable intensity.
- This light bar can withstand the effects of a range of weather conditions very well.
- Designed with an adjustable mount you can alter the angle of the light source.
- Installing this light bar can be a little difficult and time-consuming.
The Auzkin LED Light bars are slightly smaller in size but come in a pack of 2, so you can’t evenly distribute the light source by installing them at either side of your vehicle. Impressively constructed with 5050 SMD LED chips, 6000K bright cool white lights, all delivered through an impressive 240 watts of power and 24000 lumens, there is no denying that you are going to experience the best quality light that is going to illuminate the area ahead of you.
Made with a die-cast aluminum unit and a shatterproof lens not only does this light bar possess effective waterproof qualities, they are dust resistant and shockproof too. This ensures that they are going to withstand the harsh conditions that your vehicle is likely to be confronted with during your off-road ride.
When traveling on your vehicle, you never know what type of weather conditions you are likely to be confronted with. Having endured a thorough waterproof tech and manufacturing process, you needn’t worry about the effects of adverse weather on your light source.
- This LED light bar is suitable for a range of DC 9-30v vehicles including trucks, trailers, ATVs, and boats, etc.
- These lights have been subject to thorough testing to ensure that they reach the IP68 waterproof standard.
- Packed with an impressive 240 watts of power and 24,000 lumens, this LED light bar produces impressive light.
- Installation is easy and the universal mounting brackets ensure that they are going to fit onto a range of vehicles.
- As these lights come in a packet of two you can place them in the most needed areas of your vehicle.
- Unfortunately, the mounting brackets aren’t made to the highest quality resulting in difficult installation.
The YITAMOTOR LED Light bar will be lighting the way in no time. Designed with a die-cast aluminum body, and 10,800 lumens, impressively this bar is packed with 120 watts of power output. Thanks to its 21" size, it is an ideal choice for mid-sized off-road vehicles that require a light source when visibility is poor.
Durably constructed, this light bar has been designed with longevity in mind ensuring that it is going to withstand the harsh wear and tear often endured by offroad vehicles. It also has an IP67 rating which makes it resistant to dust and water ensuring that it isn't going to get damaged should it be exposed to either of these elements.
Impressively this light has a 50,000-hour lifespan and a combination of two different light options: a 60-degree flood beam for a wider projection of light or a 30-degree spot beam that produces a more focussed light upon a particular area ahead.
Courtesy of the high-quality design the bar is resistant to heat thanks to the silicone gel and aluminum housing which provides a cooling effect helping to prolong the life of your product by preventing overheating.
- The different light settings allow you to alter the light to the area ahead.
- Durably designed the bar is going to be resistant to the harsh conditions that you may possibly experience on your journey.
- Impressively, this light bar has a lifespan of 50,000 hours.
- Retailing at a relatively affordable price this is a great choice for those who have a particular budget in mind.
- Impressively, this light bar produces a very bright light that effectively illuminates the area ahead of you.
- This bar is prone to collecting moisture inside the light.
This 20" light bar is packed with 126 watts of output with 10500 lumens and 600k of color temperature for a safer driving experience when you are driving in darker conditions. As a combination beam light, there are two options to choose from a 60-degree flood beam for a more broader light source and a 30-degree spot beam for a more narrow and focussed light output.
With a DC voltage range of 10V-30V, this light is suitable for installation onto a range of outdoor vehicles whether this is a truck, boat, or jeep, etc.
Impressively, this light also has a long lifespan of around 30,000 hours, which makes it a super eco-friendly option. When it comes to durability, the design doesn't disappoint. With a tough black aluminum housing and a stainless steel mounting bracket, this product is going to be effective in withstanding the harsh conditions that you may face when driving your off-road vehicle. The light bar also has an IP67 waterproof rating so you don't have to worry about it getting damaged should it come into any contact with water or rain.
- Impressively, this light bar has a lifespan of 30,000 hours so it is going to last you for a decent amount of time.
- The spot and flood lighting options enable you to choose the best setting to effectively light up the area ahead of you.
- With a tough exterior construction, these lights are going to last for a long time without getting damaged.
- Installation is a relatively straight forward process making it stress and hassle-free.
- Usefully, these lights project an impressively bright light and work well at projecting effective illumination of the area ahead.
- Retailing with a higher price tag, this may not be an ideal choice for individuals who don't want to spend a lot on a light that is going to be exposed to harsh elements.
It may be small in size but there is no denying that the Rigidhorse 32 inch light bar is packed with power. Featuring an 8D reflective cup lens and LED chips you can experience a more concentrated and soft light output and the LEDs have a color temperature of 6,000k.
When it comes to durability, this lightbar has been designed with rigidness in mind to ensure that it is going to withstand the harshness of daily outdoor use very well. With a black aluminum housing and shatterproof lens, there is a reduced chance of this light getting damaged even after exposure to all of the elements.
It is especially important to ensure that your light is waterproof too as this will prevent any damage occurring when your light is exposed to any water or rain. With an IP67 waterproof rating, your light can be exposed to up to 3.3 feet of water for a maximum of 30 minutes before any damage is likely to occur. The light is also corrosion resistant and dustproof.
- Durably designed with waterproof qualities this light is going to withstand the elements from your outdoor activities rather well.
- The material construction creates a light that is resistant to heat and therefore isn't going to become easily damaged.
- The universal mounting brackets allow for easy installation onto a range of vehicles.
- Two different light sources enable you to select the best light for the situation that you find yourself in.
- While this light may be smaller in size it certainly does not disappoint when it comes to the light projection and power output.
- Unfortunately, this light is prone to gathering moisture inside.
Best LED Light Bar Buying Guide
Before purchasing your LED light bar, it is necessary to consider its intended purpose. For example, if you intend on installing this light onto a larger vehicle, you will need to ensure that it is going to fit correctly. There are also several other criteria that we would recommend you consider before making your purchase as this will ensure that you select the best quality product for your money.
When talking about lights, the lumens determine how bright the output is going to be. If a light is stated to have a high amount of lumens it is going to produce a much brighter light. However, the wattage refers to the energy that the light draws.
The type of beam
As you are likely to have noticed, the majority of LED light bars come with two different beam options. One is a spot beam that focuses the light onto a more specific area with a narrower and more concentrated focus. The other being a flood beam that produces a wider source of light that allows you to see a greater amount of area ahead of you. It is likely that during your journey you will need to use both of these beams as you find yourself traveling through different environments. These both also help to ensure that you are aware of your surroundings and any obstacles that may be present on the roads ahead.
Altering the angle of the beam
You may find yourself driving through particular settings where you require an adjustable beam and you need the light to focus onto a different area than normal. If this is the case it is always beneficial to opt for a light bar where the angle can be adjusted. This allows you to cater the angle of the light to suit your driving needs.
Ideally, when it comes to installing the light onto your vehicle you want it to be as straightforward a process as possible. The hassle of difficult installation is only likely to be of a greater inconvenience to you. The majority tend to come with fairly simple installation guidance and a relatively straightforward assembly process, using mounts which make the light bars easier to install onto your vehicle. It is crucial to ensure that your light has been installed correctly before setting off on your journey.
When off-road riding you are often likely to experience a range of conditions. From the water to dust, to bumpy uneven roads. For this reason, it is crucial to select an LED light bar that has been durably constructed. A light that is shockproof, corrosion-resistant and dust resistant is going to be beneficial in helping your light to withstand the adverse conditions that they are likely to be confronted with throughout your journey. A waterproof light is also super important. After installing your light onto your vehicle you don't want to be left with a product that is going to deteriorate in quality after a short time. The majority of lights have an IP67 water rating which means that they are going to be able to withstand water up to a certain extent without becoming damaged.
Compatibility with your vehicle
Most lights are designed to be compatible with a range of vehicles most being centered around off-road riding. It is crucial to ensure that the light you choose is going to fit onto your vehicle correctly.
On the whole, LED light bars do not tend to be ridiculously expensive. Of course, as with any purchase, you will find some that retail with more expensive price tags than others. It is important to ensure that you don't compromise on the quality for the price as this is a product that is going to endure a range of adverse and harsh conditions once it has been installed onto your vehicle. We have aimed to include a variety in our guide above retailing at a range of price points to show you the options that are available to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I drive with my LED light bar on?
No, you cannot, due to their brightness it is not recommended to leave your LED light bar on as you drive. They should not be in use when you are driving along public roads because of other drivers. In some states, you are expected to have a cover on your LED light bar when it is not in use.
Where on my truck should my LED light bar be mounted?
The position in which your LED light bar is mounted depends on what it is you require it for. If you are using it for off-road riding where you require the illumination of the area ahead it is advised to place the bar as high as possible. If you are relying on the bar to help you see more clearly to avoid animals that you find on the roads right in front of you, then you are likely to benefit from placing it at a lower position.